MEDMA was founded at the University of Michigan in the Fall of 2005. In just a few years we’ve grown from a group of five to hundreds with a growing number of friends and fans who show up to our events every week. Our goal is to spread awareness and enjoyment of electronic dance music, and to achieve that goal socially. Our members are composed of music lovers, producers, DJs, EDM initiates, and people who love to get down and dance.
Here is a brief recap our years:
- MEDMA heard big names right here in Ann Arbor including Above & Beyond, Juan Atkins, Sultan, and Flying Lotus.
- We hopped in a limo and headed out to the Boom Boom Room in Windsor, ON for Carl Cox, Ferry Corsten, Alex Guadino, Joris Voorn, and Arno Cost.
- We checked out shows in the Detroit-area including Deadmau5 (Fillmore), Chris Lake (Nove), Moby (St. Andrews), Dan Stark (Vain).
- We hosted some incredible nights at Pi Kappa Theta (Pi Kapps), Kappa Sigma, Delta Tau Delta (DTD), Chi Phi, as well as the Yellow Barn for Brewing Hope’s Barnstorm event, and Core-member houses.
- We raised more than $3000 for the American Cancer Society during Relay for Life where we sold glowsticks, song requests, and spun live until Ann Arbor Noise Ordinances beat us out.